Drama Showrunners Roundtable: Unexpected Plot Twists
From a new character taking on an unexpectedly larger role to spotting chemistry between their actors, top showrunners share how they incorporate this potential into their shows. House of Cards' Beau Willimon reveals that Corey Stoll's plot of running for Governor was originally written for a whole new actor. "It's a monumental amount of work," said Willimon. "It required a lot of pages for rewrites to shift that whole story to [Stoll's character]. But even though we were moving fast, since that was weeks or months ahead we could do that."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)