Live from Cannes: Baz Luhrmann on 'Gatsby's' Festival Opening
Director Baz Luhrmann and producer Catherine Martin talked with THR about The Great Gatsby's opening night spot. The Oscar-nominated director also shared what F. Scott Fitzgerald's granddaughter said she thought about the movie. Luhrmann said Fitzgerald himself was "incredibly modernist -- he took African American street music and put it in there and everyone said, 'Why you doing that jazz? It's a fad.' So we copied that and put popular music."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)