Live from Cannes: Baz Luhrmann on 'Gatsby's' Festival Opening
Director Baz Luhrmann and producer Catherine Martin talked with THR about The Great Gatsby's opening night spot. The Oscar-nominated director also shared what F. Scott Fitzgerald's granddaughter said she thought about the movie. Luhrmann said Fitzgerald himself was "incredibly modernist -- he took African American street music and put it in there and everyone said, 'Why you doing that jazz? It's a fad.' So we copied that and put popular music."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?