Live from Cannes: Baz Luhrmann on 'Gatsby's' Festival Opening
Director Baz Luhrmann and producer Catherine Martin talked with THR about The Great Gatsby's opening night spot. The Oscar-nominated director also shared what F. Scott Fitzgerald's granddaughter said she thought about the movie. Luhrmann said Fitzgerald himself was "incredibly modernist -- he took African American street music and put it in there and everyone said, 'Why you doing that jazz? It's a fad.' So we copied that and put popular music."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)