Jessica Chastain on Tackling Her Role in 'The Heiress'
Despite a rising -- and super-busy -- career in film, Jessica Chastain carved time in her hectic schedule to make her Broadway debut in The Heiress.
"I'm nervous," the Juilliard-trained actress told THR on the red carpet at the 2012 Tony Awards in New York City. "It's a great role, it's one of the best roles written for women. Moises Kaufman is a wonderful director, and he's such a kind, supportive man so I'm really excited to work for him."
It has "Tony" written all over it, no?
"You can't say that!" she said in mock outrage, then thanking us for the "nice thing" we said.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics