Masters of Horror Julie Plec on the Rise of the Genre and the Love of Vampires
'The Vampire Diaries' writer and producer on watching her first horror film and the direction of the genre: "The beauty of there being so many options and so many channels where you can watch television is it really pushes everybody to push the envelope and to explore storytelling that requires a lot of imagination and bold risks," she says. "Not gratuitous, not violence for the sake of being violent. People really appreciate being able to have their horror delivered to them in that package."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)