Mary Elizabeth Winstead, James Ponsoldt
Director James Ponsoldt and his star Mary Elizabeth Winstead on their new comedy about a married couple whose love for alcohol gets pushed to the limits when the wife (Winstead) decides to get sober. "We didn't want to make a story where we abuse a character and treat her as the other and then make the audience feel pity for her because that just sounds like a Scared Straight movie of the week," Ponsoldt says. "That I find boring. I don't like message films; I like stories I like to hang out in. I like to laugh and feel like I can relate to the characters."
Video by: R. Laski, P. Teyssier-Verger, J. Laski, C. Smith, J. Kooistra, C. Austin, O. Pratten, S. Wilson, G. Kilday, M. Lizaso, N. Ali
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)