Matthew McConaughey on His AIDS Drama 'Dallas Buyers Club': "It Was Wild"
Director Jean-Marc Vallee and his co-stars Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto let us know why they wanted to do the movie based on AIDS activist Ron Woodroof.
"He didn't find his purpose until he got HIV, and that's when he finally found something he could finish, because the guy never finished anything -- with women, with his job. And when he got HIV, he found the first thing in his life that gave him 24/7 purpose," Matthew says about Ron. "They said he had 30 days of purpose and he ended up having seven years of purpose."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)