Matthew McConaughey's ‘Mud’
Director, writer Jeff Nichols, along with co-stars Matthew McConaughey and Tye Sheridan, stop by THR's video lounge to discuss Mud, about two boys that help a fugitive hide and eventually reunite him with his true love.
“I wanted to write a film about what it is like to get your heart broken and how you process that and how you deal with it," said Nichols. "And then you pair that with, I was thinking a lot about mentors at the time and what they mean in our lives and what they mean in our lives and how they deliver information to us when we need it.".
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)