'Oculus' Cinematography: References Included 'The Shining' and 'Poltergeist'
"The film references that we looked at were mostly about tone," said director of photography Michael Fimognari of director Mike Flanagan’s "character-centric horror narrative" Oculus.
"So The Shining, Changling, and Poltergeist were more about families fighting an unknown."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)