Oscar Contender Directors Lee Daniels and Ryan Coogler on Their Acclaimed Dramas
8:00 AM PST 12/18/2013 by THR Staff
Newcomer and recent USC film school grad Ryan Coogler joins Academy Award nominated director Lee Daniels to discuss their acclaimed recent projects. Fruitvale Station was made totally outside the Hollywood studio system and cost less than a million dollars to make, while The Butler has earned acclaim for stars Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
THR On YouTube