The Producers: On Making 'The Hobbit'
Producer Philippa Boyens shares what it was like to get The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey made in New Zealand and what it was like working with director Peter Jackson. On the myth that the government of New Zealand gave Peter Jackson money to film there, Philippa added, "No he brought a lot of money to New Zealand and in exchange New Zealand quite rightly because this is a competitive industry, had to figure do we want to make this a environment where you can make these kind of movies or do we want to give it up. That money would not have come in to the country, the taxes that were paid on that money through the three thousand that were employed on the film line."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)