Behind the Scenes of THR's Matt Lauer Cover Shoot
NBC Today show host Matt Lauer reveals if he is on twitter and what he thinks of the social media tool for breaking news.
Lauer is on the cover of our New York issue, focusing on the 35 most influential people in media.
He recently signed a four-year contract with NBC’s Today for a reported $25 million a year. (Lauer won’t comment on the dollar figure.) Ann Curry announced on air that her 54-year-old co-host was staying at the top-rated morning show, capping months of speculation about his future on the franchise, one that funnels more than half a billion dollars a year into NBC News coffers.
Video by Victor Klaus
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)