'Sugar Man' Director's Journey from Swedish TV to Oscars
Documentary filmmaker Malik Bendjelloul and Sixto Rodriguez join THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg to discuss their Oscar nominated movie. Malik shares what it was like working with Rodriguez, what he has plans for next and what it was like seeing the film get six standing ovations at the Sundance Film Festival.
On how the movie came about he added, "It was very organic, it wasn't like I wanted to do a movie. I found the story that was supposed to be a seven minute feature for Swedish television and then I was like, Ah this is a really good story and I retold the story to friends and they were like the best story we have ever heard, this is like a fairytale."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?