'Columnist' Star John Lithgow on (Not) Winning a Tony
On the red carpet at Sunday's Tony Awards, John Lithgow predicted he would lose in the best play category category to one of his rivals: Philip Seymour Hoffman; James Earl Jones; Frank Langella or James Corden.
(Corden, the relative newcomer from One Man, Two Guvnors, won the trophy in an upset victory over Hoffman.)
But Lithgow, who already has a Tony under his belt, was pleasantly resigned to his fate, raving about his role as a '60s-era political journalist in The Columnist and making plans to do more Shakespeare in the future.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)