Why Ricky Gervais Went Nice for Netflix
Derek, his new series for the streaming service, reveals a softer side of a man who hates people who believe in God, fears fame and says of his friendship with Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld: "They tease me about being poor."
“I chose Netflix for a load of reasons, I think they are the future, they are already the present ,” says Gervais. “The family conciseness thing of a family having to sit down and watch a program at nine o’clock on a Thursday is gone. Derek went on in the U.K. and doubled its viewers the next day on On Demand. I don’t care where they watch it, I don’t care where or when they watch it, or how, as long as they watch it.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?