[Warning: This story contains spoilers for the season seven premiere of HBO's Game of Thrones, "Dragonstone."]
"Shall we begin?"
Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) speaks for us all, as The Hollywood Reporter and the Podcast Award-winning podcast Post Show Recaps join forces to deliver running commentary of the new season of Game of Thrones. Just like the Hound (Rory McCann), the Post Show Recaps duo of Rob Cesternino (of Rob Has a Podcast and Survivor fame) and THR's resident Game of Thrones reporter Josh Wigler (that's me!) are digging deep into each episode, unearthing theories and delivering news gleaned from our interviews with the cast and crew.
Beginning with a quick overview of Post Show Recaps for newtime listeners, Josh and Rob's conversation about the season seven premiere, called "Dragonstone," covers the following topics:
• The real-life impact of the Hound's joke about Thoros of Myr's (Paul Kaye) top knot, from THR's interview with Rory McCann
• How the Hound's vision fuels the fires of a certain theory involving Jon Snow (Kit Harington) once more traveling through death's door
• Why the maesters of the Citadel could become season seven's answer to the High Sparrow storyline, based on John Bradley's assessment of Jim Broadbent's character
• How Sam's discovery of dragonglass at Dragonstone paves the way for Jon and Daenerys meeting for the first time
• A scouting report on two different brewing battles
• And more!
Listen to the episode in the player below.