Cindi Leive is, well, leaving.
After 16 years as the editor-in-chief of Glamour magazine, the 50-year-old is resigning from her post at the end of 2017. The New York Times first reported her departure on Thursday, which Leive confirmed on Instagram.
"I have loved every day of my 16 (truly! 16!) years on the job here, and most of all have loved working with the brilliant, bold and FEMINIST editors, designers and writers who make up this crazy crew," wrote Leive on Instagram. "This is an electric moment for women and activism, and I plan to be part of that by getting deep into projects that stand to improve women’s lives. But none of that will happen until after this fall, since my colleagues will be stuck with me in the driver's seat until I see some very important projects through — including our annual Women of the Year Awards on November 13."
Leive did not give a specific reason for her departure, nor her plans for the immediate future; however, she offered this vague explanation to the Times: "Not to get too emo, but my mom died when she was 49 and last year I turned 49," she said. "I felt like I have been given this gift of so much more life and I wanted to do something with it." She added that she will not be joining another media outlet or "similar position" at another company but that she's also not leaving to spend more time with her family. "I adore my kids, but I'm not leaving to spend more time with my kids," she said.
Leive's exit from the Conde Nast title comes just weeks after three other high-profile exits by top editors: Graydon Carter of Vanity Fair, Nancy Gibbs of Time and Robbie Myers of Elle. Nina Garcia, former creative director of Marie Claire, was tapped to replace Myers at the Hearst-owned title. Replacements for the other editors, including Leive, have not yet been named.