CineEurope: Samsung Makes Its Debut at Theater Owners Confab
The company introduced its "Samsung Smart Signage" Full HD displays to the exhibition community, suggesting the technology has potential for cinemas.
BARCELONA – Samsung made it debut this week as a first-time CineEurope exhibitor.
The consumer electronics giant was on hand to demonstrate its Full HD Samsung Smart Signage platform, which was launched earlier this year for retail uses. The company says it sees potential for the technology in cinemas.
Ian Anderson of Samsung Electronics Europe presented these displays as an alternative to disposable signage. He added that the displays can be “more vivid and more engaging.”
A future version of the technology is expected to support higher resolution.
Also at the exhibition, Samsung was showing how one could daisy chain other models of Samsung displays to create a 2K or 4K video wall.
Meanwhile, Sony Digital Cinema was demoing its 84-inch 4K Bravia TV at its stand.
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'