'Clash' Director Louis Leterrier to Helm Universal Sci-fi Tentpole 'G' (Exclusive)
Clash of the Titans director Louis Leterrier has signed on to direct and produce sci-fi tentpole G for Universal Pictures.
The plot for G is being kept secret but Universal is seeing it as a sci-fi disaster pic with shades of The Day After Tomorrow and Taken.
The project is based on an original idea of Management 360’s Guymon Casady, who will produce with Mark Gordon via MG360 banner, the production partnership between Gordon and Management 360.
George Nolfi and Michael Hackett of Gambit Pictures are producing as well. Leterrier’s production entity, Rabbit Hole Pictures, will also be actively involved in the production.
The team is currently out to screenwriters to write the script.
Universal’s Peter Cramer and Sara Scott will oversee the project for the studio. MG360’s Bryan Zuriff and Ben Forkner will executive produce along with Rabbit Hole’s Nick Miller.
Leterrier, repped by WME and Management 360, took a breather after directing Clash and has been ramping up his personal slate. Leterrier closing his deal on G comes a week after he signed on to direct Now You See Me, Summit's heist movie being produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
Leterrier would tackle G after See Me.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)