- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV’s breakout hit “16 & Pregnant” has spawned a spinoff.
The cable network has greenlighted “Teen Mom,” a doc series featuring four girls from the first season of “16 & Pregnant” as they deal with the challenges of their first year of motherhood.
The order is for eight hourlong episodes; Morgan J. Freeman is executive producing.
The four intertwined stories in the spinoff will touch upon such topics from the girls’ everyday lives as marriage, relationships, family support (or lack thereof), adoption, finances, graduating high school, getting a job and moving out of their parents’ houses to start their own families.
Some of the teens from “Teen Moms” will be on hand to host a “16 & Pregnant” marathon on Labor Day.
The marathon will kick off with an encore presentation of the “Life After Labor” special hosted by Dr. Drew Pinsky at 11 a.m., followed by all six episodes of the show’s first season.
Following strong ratings, including 1.6 million viewers tuning in for the series premiere, “16 & Pregnant” was renewed for a second season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day