- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was bizarre enough that one woman had filed a lawsuit accusing “Dr. Phil” McGraw and producers of his popular self-help show of imprisoning her with a naked man. Now a second woman has come forward, filing an equally crazy-sounding lawsuit today in Los Angeles Superior Court.
The woman, Crystal Matchett of Canton, Michigan, filed the case without a lawyer and mimics the language in the lawsuit filed last week by Shirley Dieu. She says she too was “brainwashed” and required to sit in Dr. Phil’s production office with a naked man “who was exposing his entire naked body, genitals and all.” (hysterical underlining again hers, not ours). Causes of action include fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress in addition to false imprisonment.
McGraw issued a statement calling the first lawsuit “without merit.”
Damages aren’t specified.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day