- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Three people were detained Sunday after police found an aerosol rifle in the trunk of a car at a checkpoint near the Emmy Awards show.
Some of the attendees at a drop-off location outside the Nokia Theatre got out of their cars and took cover behind a wall as they arrived for the show, said police Sgt. Jerry Chaney.
“Officers observed a rifle in a trunk of a car,” Chaney said. “It turned out to be an aerosol rifle, not a real rifle. It’s like a BB gun.”
The people taken in for questioning were planning to attend the ceremony, Chaney said.
The area where the incident took place was not where stars were dropped off by limousine but rather where media and other attendees entered.
“The LAPD made everyone en masse get out of the cars and walk to the curb while they searched the area,” said Terry Stanley, a blogger for The Hollywood Reporter. “It was at least 10 minutes, and we saw two big bomb squad trucks go by. Things were obviously taken very seriously.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day