- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian broadcaster CanWest MediaWorks said Thursday that it will air a homegrown version of Fox’s “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” in partnership with Mark Burnett Prods.
Toronto-based CanWest MediaWorks plans to air five episodes of the Canadian version of “5th Grader” in the fall, to be produced by Insights Prods., which last year produced “Deal or No Deal Canada” for the broadcaster.
There was no word on who will host the Canadian version. Global Television, one of two domestic networks CanWest MediaWorks operates here, already draws big numbers airing Fox’s “5th Grader.”
The Toronto taping of “Are You Smarter Than a Canadian 5th Grader?” in October will be preceded by a five-city casting tour.
Staging Canadian versions of popular U.S. reality and variety shows already airing here has proved popular with ratings-hungry domestic broadcasters.
CTV and FremantleMedia already have partnered on “Canadian Idol,” and rival broadcaster Chum is airing “Canada’s Next Top Model” in partnership with CBS/Paramount.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day