- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A+E Networks has acquired full ownership of AETN All Asia Networks, the Singapore-based joint venture it established in 2007 with local firm Astro Overseas Limited to house A+E channels in the region.
Following the deal, AETN All Asia Networks will be rebranded as A+E Networks Asia.
“The transition to full ownership of A+E Networks Asia is a first for our company and marks an important milestone,” said Nancy Dubuc, president and CEO of A+E Networks. “A+E Networks is committed to continued international expansion for our brands and business, and we are bullish on the growth opportunities not just in Asia, but Europe and the Americas as well.”
A+E Networks last month launched channels Lifetime and H2 in Southeast Asia. It also airs History, Crime & Investigation Network and Bio in the region.
Overall, A+E currently distributes its content portfolio to the following territories in Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Macau, Papua New Guinea, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Palau and Thailand.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America