- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aaron Ashmore has been cast in the indie feature “The Thaw,” opposite Martha MacIsaac and Val Kilmer.
Anagram Pictures is producing the thriller about an Arctic research team attacked by a killer parasite released by melting polar ice caps.
Ashmore will play a college student in the besieged crew.
“The Thaw” is written by Michael Lewis and Mark A. Lewis. The latter also will direct. Anagram’s Mary Anne Waterhouse, Trent Carlson and Rob Neilson will produce. Shawn Williamson and Stephen Hegyes from Brightlight Pictures and Blake Corbet from Anagram will serve as executive producers.
Shooting begins in Vancouver Monday.
Ashmore, repped by APA and Artistry Management, plays Jimmy Olsen on “Smallville,” and previously had a regular spot on “Veronica Mars.” He begins shooting a new season of “Smallville” in the late summer, and he will appear in the Lionsgate feature “Thomas Kinkade’s Home for Christmas” at year’s end.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day