- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family is set to crown “America’s Prom Queen.”
The cable network is launching a reality competition show that will feature several high school girls moving into a mansion and undergoing a series of challenges that will “test their prom queen mettle.” The contestants also will face a Prom Committee — consisting of judges who represent various high school stereotypes — for weekly eliminations.
The winner will be voted on by viewers and revealed in the finale, which will feature a prom attended by the entire cast and their dates.
The six hourlong episodes will be executive produced by Patty Ivins and Julie Pizzi, whose credits include exec producing NBC’s “Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search,” Showtime’s “Reversal of Fortune” and two seasons of Style Network’s “Dress My Nest.”
“This is a great show for our Millennial audience,” ABC Family president Paul Lee said. “Patty Ivins and Julie Pizzi are producing a show for us that will be packed with all of the drama, emotion, rivalry and friendship that go into choosing ‘America’s Prom Queen.’ “
Casting is set to begin immediately on the show, which is targeted to premiere in the spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day