- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matt Keeslar and Natalie Morales have been tapped to star in ABC Family’s light drama pilot “The Middleman.”
Mary Pat Gleason also has been cast in the one-hour project, which is based on “Medium” writer-producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach’s graphic novels for Viper Comics that were illustrated by Les McClaine. The project was ordered to pilot last month (HR 9/14).
“Middleman” centers on Wendy Watson (Morales), a twentysomething struggling artist recruited by a secret agency to fight comic book-type villains. Keeslar will play the title character, a sci-fi superhero who serves as her guide. Gleason will play Ida, the robotic gatekeeper and veteran assistant to Keeslar.
Grillo-Marxuach, co-executive producer on “Medium,” is exec producing “Middleman.”
Keeslar recently completed filming the ABC Family movie “Snowglobe,” opposite Christina Milian, and next appears in the movie “Deadly Suspicion” for Lifetime. He is repped by Domain Talent and manager Holly Shelton at Precision Entertainment.
Morales’ credits include CBS’ “CSI: Miami.” She is repped by Diverse Talent and managers Ken Treusch and Vincent Nastri at Bleecker Street Entertainment.
Gleason’s credits include the film “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.” She is repped by Stone Manners Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day