- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has handed out a full-season pickup to the freshman comedy “Samantha Who?”
The back-nine order Tuesday followed a solid third airing for “Samantha” on Monday night, when the comedy starring Christina Applegate scored 14.2 million viewers and a 4.5 rating/11 share among adults 18-49, matching the 18-49 ratings of its first two outings and hitting series highs in adults 18-34 (3.5/8).
With its strong start behind “Dancing With the Stars,” “Samantha” solidified its position as the highest-rated new comedy this season and ABC’s first breakout comedy hit in years.
The full-season pickup for “Samantha” comes on the heels of an order for six additional scripts the ABC Studios-produced show received last week (HR 10/25).
The single-camera “Samantha,” which stars Applegate as a woman with amnesia, joins ABC’s dramas “Private Practice” and “Pushing Daisies” in being picked up for the entire season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day