- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC sales and marketing head Mike Shaw is stepping down from his position.
Shaw, who’s led the sales team at ABC since 2000, will shift to an advisory role.
“I have decided to step down at this time in order to pursue a number of personal goals,” Shaw said in a statement. “I have been extremely fortunate to work with so many great people, who I’m confident will now take the Sales group to the next level. I’ll continue in this role for the next few months to ensure a smooth transition, and then look forward to working on a number of projects for the company over the next year.”
A replacement for Shaw will be named in the near future.
“Mike is a visionary Ad Sales executive whose efforts have helped reshape our industry, most recently through his championing the live-plus-seven and live-plus-C3 metrics that are now the currency of our business,” said Anne Sweeney, president, ABC Television Group. “While we’re sorry that he’s decided to step back from the day-to-day, we’re thrilled that he’s left us with such an amazing team and that he’ll remain involved as a strategic advisor.”
Shaw joined the network in 1999. Before that, he was executive vp of sales at Buena Vista TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day