- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
ABC Studios has named Gary French and Paula Warner co-heads of production, promoting the duo to the post left vacant last week when Barry Jossen moved over to run creative.
Both executives retain their titles as senior vp but will now report to ABC Studios president Mark Pedowitz.
French and Warner will be responsible for production and postproduction, respectively, on the studio’s slate of 25 series for the 2008-09 season, including primetime and first-run syndicated series, pilots and ABC’s late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
“Gary and Paula have been a huge part in creating a first-class production operation,” Pedowitz said. “They’ve earned the right to lead us forward, and their promotions ensure the continuity of a creative culture that consistently delivers the highest-quality production on television.”
French joined ABC Studios production in 2005 as vp and was promoted to senior vp last year. Before that, he was vp production at Universal Network Television and New World Entertainment.
Warner, a 10-year company veteran, started at Walt Disney Television before working her way up to running postproduction at ABC Studios. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day