- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Abrams Artists Agency has named Alec Shankman head of alternative programming and digital media. He replaces Joe Rose, who previously headed the nonscripted business.
The move marks a return to Abrams for Shankman, who headed the same department from 2003 to 2009. He left to co-found online casting startup GotCast.com.
Most recently, Shankman was co-head of alternative programming and digital media at Kaplan Stahler. He brings with him to Abrams reality TV clients, including the cast of Discovery’s Gold Rush, the cast of National Geographic’s Wicked Tuna and Brandi Glanville from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
In the technology realm, Shankman’s clients include lifestyle website Mr. Kate, online community I Am That Girl and social gifting startup Slingr. He will also package programming for online buyers.
Shankman says he will place an increased emphasis on digital. “There are more digital buyers now than when I was last at Abrams,” he says. “Netflix, Hulu and Xbox didn’t really exist as platform buyers then, but they do now.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day