- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Cinema Editors is launching a first-of-its-kind weekend seminar designed to illuminate the business and art of editing.
Edit Fest, set for Friday and Saturday at Hollywood and Universal City locations, will explore topics and genres including animation, comedy and blockbusters.
Dan Lebental (“Iron Man”), Paul Rubell (“Transformers”), Mark Helfrich (“Rush Hour”) and Mark Goldblatt (“X-Men: The Last Stand”) will participate in a panel about blockbusters. ACE president Alan Heim will lead the discussion.
Edit Fest also will feature ACE’s second annual “Prime Cuts,” a look at television editing, co-presented with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Moderated by Shawn Ryan (“The Shield”), the panel will feature editors Alan Baumgarten (“Recount”), Andrew Seklir (“Battlestar Galactica”), Greg Featherman (“Entourage”), Steve Lichtenstein (“Project Runway”) and Chris Nelson (“Mad Men”).
ACE vp Randy Roberts will lead a discussion on breaking into the business, and editors from TV and film will present a panel discussion on cutting comedy. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day