- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adweek has bolstered its online presence with the addition of Mediabistro’s nine news websites — including TVNewser, AgencySpy and FishbowlNY — as part of the newly formed Adweek Blog Network, it was announced Tuesday.
Prometheus Global Media, the parent company of Adweek, Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter, announced the acquisition of digital media company Mediabistro in May 2014 for $8 million.
“2014 was a very successful year for our business, highlighted by the acquisition of Mediabistro. Establishing the ABN in 2015 is the next step in our evolution, allowing their voice to complement Adweek’s editorial expertise and leadership,” said Jeffrey Wilbur, president of the newly named Mediabistro Holdings, in a statement.
“This transition also allows Mediabistro an opportunity to expand upon core offerings in professional development and recruitment services for media professionals,” Wilbur said.
The Mediabistro sites added to Adweek Blog Network are: TVNewser, TVSpy, AgencySpy, LostRemote, PRNewser, FishbowlNY, FishbowlDC, GalleyCat and SocialTimes.
Mediabistro Holdings, LLC will now include Adweek, Mediabistro, The CLIO Awards and FilmExpoGroup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day