- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Affleck is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of New Line Cinema’s ensemble comedy “He’s Just Not That Into You,” being directed by Ken Kwapis. Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen are producing via their Flower Films banner. Kris Kristofferson also is joining the cast.
Affleck joins a cast that includes Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Connelly, Bradley Cooper, Kevin Connolly, Justin Long, Ginnifer Goodwin and Barrymore. The film’s interconnecting story arcs deal with the challenges of reading or misreading human behavior.
Affleck will play Aniston’s boyfriend, a man whose unwillingness to commit to marriage puts great strain on their relationship.
Kristofferson will play Aniston’s father.
Overseeing “Into You” for New Line are production executives Michele Weiss and Michael Disco.
Affleck most recently appeared in the ensemble action movie “Smokin’ Aces.” His “Gone Baby Gone,” for which he wrote the screenplay and directed, opens in the fall. He is repped by Endeavor.
Kristofferson, repped by ICM, most recently appeared in “Fast Food Nation.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day