- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film marks the second VMI title eOne has picked up out of this year’s AFM, following an earlier deal for Scorched Earth, a postapocalyptic action thriller directed by Brad Turner (24) and starring Sean Bean, which eOne nabbed for the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Australia and Scandinavia.
Bridge Rights has snatched multiple territories for the title, which Giorgio Serafini (Game of Death) will direct, taking France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia and Benelux. VMI also notched up international sales for the title for the U.K. (Anchor Bay), Germany (KSM), Japan (Klockworx); Eastern Europe (Daro), Russia (Carmen Film) and the Middle East (Phoenica).
A revenge tale, Blood of Redemption pits a criminal family against both the sins of their past and their present-day enemies. Gianni Capaldi is producing with VMI’s Andre Relis and Brittany Bowen as executive producers. Shooting on Blood of Redemption is set to start in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day