- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One (eOne) has scooped up rights across its international footprint for Stung, a monster film involving giant wasps that XYZ FIlms (The Raid: Redemption) and German group The Rat Pack (The Wave) will co-produce.
The Canadian mini-major has prebought Stung for the U.K., Canada, South Africa and Scandinavia from Celluloid Nightmares, the international sales alliance between Celluloid Dreams and genre specialist XYZ.
Benni Diez, a visual supervisor on Lars von Trier‘s Melancholia, will direct Stung in his feature debut. The film, scripted by Adam Aresty, is set at a fancy garden party that turns into a nightmare after a swarm of wasps mutate into giant, buzzing killing machines. It’s up to two catering staffers, Paul and Julia, to rescue the guests and save the day.
Stung is set to begin shooting in Europe in the spring. Casting is underway.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day