- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Christina Aguilera, Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, Justin Timberlake and Carrie Underwood have joined the performance lineup for the 49th annual Grammy Awards, to be handed out Feb. 11 live on CBS from Los Angeles’ Staples Center.
They join previously announced performers Beyonce, the Dixie Chicks, Gnarls Barkley and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also new to the show are presenters the Black Eyed Peas, Ciara and Nelly Furtado; Terrence Howard, Samuel L. Jackson, P!nk and Rihanna were previously announced for that role.
Blige leads the field of nominees with eight. The Chili Peppers earned six, while James Blunt, Dixie Chicks, Danger Mouse and Prince are among eight artists with five each.
Timberlake’s performance will feature the winner of a contest sponsored by Yahoo! Music. Five finalists have been chosen thus far; the top three will be announced the first weekend in February, and the winner will be unveiled just before performing with Timberlake on the Grammy telecast. Fans can vote for their favorite via the Yahoo! Music site.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day