- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Facebook India has named Ajit Mohan as vp and managing director.
Mohan, who will join Facebook early next year, is currently CEO of Hotstar, the digital platform owned by Fox’s Star India network, which has built a robust subscriber base largely driven by the mass appeal of Star’s television properties, such as cricket and other entertainment offerings, which are streamed on the service.
India is Facebook’s biggest market, with about 270 million users. Mohan will be responsible for the social media giant’s overall India strategy.
Facebook has been searching for an India head since previous managing director Umang Bedi resigned last year. According to a statement, Mohan will “lead a senior leadership team in India that will strengthen Facebook’s relationships with people, businesses, and government and intensify the company’s efforts to help people in India connect with the people and things they care about most.”
Mohan added that he looked forward to “working with stakeholders across the spectrum to help build deep and meaningful communities across the country.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day