- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rick Nicita has a new business pursuit.
A source with knowledge of Nicita’s situation says he has not started a management company but has taken on Pacino and Marshall because they are friends and former CAA clients of his. Nicita is said to be plotting additional business plans, which could include getting into the production of Broadway shows, as well as film finance and production.
Nicita left Morgan Creek in January, just weeks after THR reported that his contract was up in December and he and Morgan Creek chairman Jim Robinson had not discussed an extension.
Nicita, who is married to producer Paula Wagner, joined Morgan Creek in August 2008 after a long career at CAA, where he was managing partner at the time of his departure in summer 2008. During his tenure, Morgan Creek released only a handful of films, including the disappointing supernatural thriller Dream House, which opened Sept. 30.
While at CAA, Nicita ran the careers of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, among others. Nicita declined comment.
Pacino is represented by ICM, and Marshall is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day