- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An al-Qaida supporter appearing in a recent video is the son of Patrick Kinney, who has numerous Hollywood film credits, CNN reports.
Abu Basir Al-Britani can be seen in a video posted by website Intelligence Group, in which he criticizes ISIS for bombing “the houses of innocent Muslims” in a village in northern Syria. He has a long beard and speaks in a British accent.
According to CNN, the man is Lucas Kinney, a member of a branch of al-Qaida in Syria called al-Nusra. Kinney’s father, Patrick Kinney, worked as an assistant director on multiple Steven Spielberg films, including Empire of the Sun (1987) and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).
Patrick also was assistant director on Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985), Out of Africa (1985) and Braveheart (1995). CNN reports that he and Lucas — who attended schools in Cairo, Saudi Arabia and Britain — have been out of touch for a number of years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day