- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alex O’Loughlin, who starred in the cult vampire TV show “Moonlight,” is in negotiations to nab the romantic male lead role opposite Jennifer Lopez in CBS Films’ “The Back-Up Plan.”
Written by Kate Angelo, the rom-com centers on a single woman (Lopez) who turns to artificial insemination to answer her ticking clock, only to see her backup plan turned on its side when the man of her dreams shows up on the same day that her pregnancy test results come back positive.
Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing through their Escape Artists banner. Alan Poul is directing.
Shooting is scheduled to begin May 11 in Los Angeles, making it the second CBS Films to go into production (after the untitled Crowley project, a medical drama starring Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser).
The Australian actor, repped by ICM and Andy Freeman, appeared in “August Rush” and next toplines with Kate Beckinsale the comic book adaptation “Whiteout,” produced by Joel Silver and being released by Warners this year.
O’Loughlin, who played immortal detective Mick St. John on “Moonlight,” recently booked a starring role in the CBS television pilot “Three Rivers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day