- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The roster of Hollywood elite who steal the spotlight at Lakers games has a new player. Jack Ma, the richest man in China and founder of Alibaba, “the biggest entertainment company in the world,” was seen courtside at Staples Center Tuesday night, flanked by William Morris Endeavor co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell and actor Jet Li.
Nathan Hubbard, the head of commerce at Twitter and former Ticketmaster CEO, captured the sighting with a tweet:
Ps – Jack Ma is sitting with Ari Emmanuel. In case you needed more proof who runs Hollywood.
— Nathan Hubbard (@NathanCHubbard) October 29, 2014
Ma told The Hollywood Reporter on Monday that he is in Southern California to learn from Hollywood and discuss the impact of China’s growing middle class on the film market. He is also reportedly meeting with studio executives to buy online content.
There may be a new Jack in town, but Lakers staple Jack Nicholson still drew plenty of attention from fans tweeting about the game against the Houston Rockets.
Read more Jack Ma: Alibaba Is the “Biggest Entertainment Company in the World”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day