- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alicia Witt has signed to topline a Hallmark Channel movie tentatively titled “Backyard Wedding.”
The film centers on Kim Tyler (Witt), who is all set to have the wedding of her dreams in her parents’ backyard, but her ex-husband and first love — whose parents happen to live next door — keeps popping up.
Also cast in the project are Markie Post, who will play Kim’s Aunt Addie, and Frances Fisher as Kim’s mother, Eleanor.
Bradford May will direct the movie from a script by Nina Weinman. Larry Levinson is executive producing, with Randy Pope and Amanda Phillips serving as co-executive producers and James Wilberger and Brian J. Gordon as producers.
Witt has been recurring on the fourth season of the DirecTV/NBC drama “Friday Night Lights,” playing Cheryl, Tim Riggins’ (Taylor Kitsch) landlord who had a one-night stand with him.
She is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day