- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — U.K. indie powerhouse All3Media said Thursday that it has acquired highly regarded comedy and magic producer Objective Prods., creator of “Peep Show” and the “Derren Brown” franchise, in a deal thought to be worth more than £40 million ($79 million).
The deal brings All3’s TV production stable to 12 companies, including Cactus TV, Lion Television and Company Pictures.
Financial terms were not disclosed, but Objective founders Michael Vine and Andrew O’Connor will remain with the company for the next five years as the company increasingly targets the U.S. market for growth.
Screen magician and illusionist Derren Brown recently launched the “Mind Control” series on Sci Fi U.S., while “Peep Show” is in development for Spike TV.
“Objective is the U.K.’s leading producer of magic and comedy and they excel in their style of entertainment,” All3 CEO Steve Morrison said. “Their format hits are much in demand in international markets and their presence in the All3Media Group will help us and them grow further.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day