- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest films from Woody Allen and Julie Taymor are set for the red carpet treatment at the Toronto International Film Festival, organizers said Thursday.
Allen’s “Cassandra’s Dream,” scheduled for a fall release by the Weinstein Co., will receive its North American premiere in Toronto at Roy Thomson Hall after bowing in Venice.
Shot in London, the Iberville Prods. film portrays two brothers, played by Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell, whose lives become entangled as they attempt to better themselves. Hayley Atwell, Tom Wilkinson and Sally Hawkins round out the cast.
Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Gareth Wiley share the producer credits on the Allen pic.
Columbia Pictures, meanwhile, is bringing writer-director Taymor’s “Across the Universe” to Toronto ahead of its Sept. 28 theatrical bow.
The Revolution Studios project is a musical drama portraying two star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), whose relationship unfolds against the backdrop of the revolutionary 1960s.
The Toronto festival is set to run Sept. 6-15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day