- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — French-based, U.S.-owned AlloCine Group is pushing ahead with ambitious expansion plans for its U.K. banner Screenrush.co.uk.
The Web operator, which provides a one-stop Internet shop for movie fans, is launching a TV portal for its site in addition to the movie content it already carries.
The operators said Monday that the new portal will include TV listings, schedules of upcoming series and info about TV shows and actors.
“Our goal for Screenrush.co.uk is to be one of the top entertainment sites in the U.K.,” Screenrush managing director Alexandra Ouzillea said Monday. “With our new TV series section and over half a million unique users every month since we launched, we’re well on track to becoming the Google of the entertainment industry.”
U.S. investment fund Tiger Global is AlloCine’s majority stakeholder.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day