- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon Prime Video has announced its first original Japanese sci-fi drama series, FACE: Cyber Crime Special Investigation Unit, which stars Ayame Goriki and begins streaming July 11, with new episodes released weekly.
Produced by Oscar Promotion, a Tokyo talent agency that specializes in actresses, the series is directed by Ayato Matsuda and Hideki Hori and written by Masaki Fukusawa and Toshio Sekine.
“Following our drama series such as Kamen Rider Amazons and Tokyo Vampire Hotel, this is Amazon Prime Video’s first Japanese Amazon Original series set in the world of cyber crime,” said James Farrell, head of Asia Pacific content at Amazon Prime Video.
Both Amazon and Netflix are investing heavily in original content for Japan, with the former having announced more than 20 titles, including documentaries, reality shows, anime and dramas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day