- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Swedish-based broadcaster Modern Times Group (MTG) has named Anders Jensen to the newly-created position of executive vice president of the group’s Scandinavian free-TV and radio operations.
Taking over August 1, Jensen will be responsible for the management and development of MTG’s ad-supported networks in the Nordic region. He will report directly to MTG President and CEO Jorgen Madsen Lindemann.
Jensen has previously held executive positions at numerous European telecommunications, retail and consumer goods firms, most recently as a senior executive vice president in charge of the consumer division of Danish telco TDC Group. Previous to that, Jensen was CEO of Hungary’s second largest mobile operator, Telnor Hungary.
Modern Times Group operates more than a dozen free-to-air networks and numerous radio stations across Scandinavia, including flagship channel TV3.
The company has been on a major expansion push, acquiring numerous production companies, including Finland’s Nice Entertainment, UK rights banner DRG and Norwegian format group Novemberfilm. It has also pushed into fast-growing but largely untapped African market with its recent acquisition of pay-TV group Trace.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day