- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“ER” is adding star power for its final season.
Angela Bassett will join the cast of the Emmy-winning medical drama as a regular next season.
In her first full-time series gig, Bassett will play a tough attending with a troubled past who’s coming back to Chicago after a few years in Indonesia doing tsunami relief. Her arrival in the second episode next season promises to shake County General’s ER to the core.
“Angela is a wonderfully talented actress whom I’ve long hoped to work with,” said “ER” exec producer John Wells.
In addition to Bassett, original cast member Noah Wyle will join “ER” for its 15th and final season. Wyle will guest star in at least four of the show’s planned 19 episodes.
Bassett, who starred in Tyler Perry’s “Meet the Browns,” recently wrapped the B.I.G. biopic “Notorious.” She is repped by CAA and Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day