- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran film industry innovator Phillip Feiner has been named COO and executive vp of Elektrofilm Digital Studios for North America.
Feiner will manage the postproduction business’ Burbank facility as well as oversee strategic planning and growth of the company, which also has offices in Berlin, London and Munich.
He will focus on the development of the Elektrofilm Digital Media Environment, a digital asset management and archiving system that is beginning to roll out in the community.
Feiner was president and CEO of Pacific Title & Art Studio; he worked there from 1977 until last year.
In 2007, he won an Oscar for Scientific and Engineering Achievement for his part in the development of the Rosetta digital archiving process at Pacific Title.
“Phil Feiner has consistently demonstrated a talent for anticipating where the industry is going and an ability to respond to its needs with innovative thinking and smart business practices,” Elektrofilm Digital Studios CEO Rob Walston said.
The DME system for managing digital assets in particular attracted Feiner to Elektrofilm. “It is critical in this particular time,” Feiner said. “A lot of libraries at the studios are going to at some point go digital, all the way down the value chain.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day