- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — A family of serial killers has drawn “Twilight” star Ashley Greene into their web in the edgy indie thriller “Summer.”
Stephen McHattie, Barbara Niven and Peter Mooney play the deranged kinfolk that Greene’s character encounters on her quest to find the father she’s never known.
Horror filmmaker Lee De Marbre is directing the tentatively titled film for producers Rob Menzies, Donald Osbourne and Curtis Crawford of Ottawa-based Zed Filmworks (“The Dead Sleep Easy”). Pierre David (“Internal Affairs”) and Neil Bregman are executive producing from Sean Hogan and Christine Conradt’s original screenplay.
The Innovative Artists/McKeon-Myones Entertainment-repped Greene next will be seen in December in the vampire thriller adaptation “Twilight” from Summit Entertainment. McHattie will be seen in another anticipated cult project, the Warner Bros. film “Watchmen.” Mooney stars in the ABC Family series “Falcon Beach,” and Niven has appeared in numerous telefilms.
The film is halfway through its Ottawa shoot, and footage will be shown in the fall at AFM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day